1. Use general good taste in whatever you do,
remember this is a school sponsored trip and the reputation of the
school is involved in everything you do.
2. Please do not smoke in the bus or on a
public street or in a general public place where people are coming and
going. If you wish to smoke you are perfectly free to do so in
your rooms or in a restaurant.
3. Under no circumstances is partaking of
alcoholic beverages sanctioned. It is not according to accepted
rules of high school conduct.
4. Your sponsors are to know at all times
approximately where you are and what you are doing. Under no
circumstances leave your group or hotel without first informing your
chaperon where you are going.
5. You are expected to be in your rooms in an
hour and one half after the close of each regularly scheduled night's
activity. When you go to your room, you are expected to be ready
to retire and be comparatively quiet. It is only common good taste
not to disturb your neighbors in a hotel.
6. Under no circumstances are students to go
from one room to another after they have retired for the night.
And under no circumstances are the students to appear in the hall unless
they are fully clad in street clothes.
7. Please be courteous at all times; it
doesn't hurt you to say "thank you" and "please". Frequently,
those words help oil the machinery of disgruntled individuals. You
will find hotel people courteous--return it.
8. You are responsible for your own meals, but
you must inform your chaperon where you are going. In the area of
the Palmer House there are several good cafeterias and restaurants.
9. In all first-class restaurants (not
cafeterias) you are expected to tip 10% of your meal bill provided it
is over $1.00. Never tip less than $.15. Do not tip taxi
drivers unless they give extra service or do a special favor.
Hotel bellboys should be tipped not less than $.15 and not over $.25
unless you ask for a special favor.
10. We leave Hamilton at 11:00 A.M. by school
bus. We will leave Burlington at 12:00. Dinner will be
served in the cafeteria at !0:30 for all seniors going on the trip.
11. We wish it understood by everyone that if
at any time anyone doesn't conform to the above items or accepted school
conduct that they will be asked to return to Hamilton, and their parents